Thursday, April 7, 2011

Water Markets and Trading

I recently delivered a presentation on water markets and trading in my class "planning for water resource management". Students in my class presented on a number of different topics from wastewater treatment in Vancouver and Singapore to water challenges in the Yucatan Peninsula.

My topic focused on the proposal of water markets as an economic efficiency tool in British Columbia's soon to be revised water act. I discussed how water markets work and how they might function in certain places in the province such as the Okanagan. You can view my presentation slide show here, and my summary here.

Below is a word cloud I created using this really neat and free tool called "wordle". The cloud below is an illustration of the words that represent my presentation on water markets and trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment